Erectile Dysfunction Fort Myers - Meet Dr. Caesar
Comprehensive urologic care with a personal touch...
Erectile Dysfunction Fort Myers – Call (239) 458-1196 today!
Male sexual arousal is a complex process that involves the brain, hormones, emotions, nerves, muscles and blood vessels. Erectile dysfunction can result from a problem with any of these. Likewise, stress and mental health concerns can cause or worsen erectile dysfunction.
Sometimes a combination of physical and psychological issues causes erectile dysfunction. For instance, a minor physical condition that slows your sexual response might cause anxiety about maintaining an erection. The resulting anxiety can lead to or worsen erectile dysfunction.
Physical causes of erectile dysfunction
In most cases, erectile dysfunction is caused by something physical. Common causes include:
- Heart disease
- Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis)
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Metabolic syndrome — a condition involving increased blood pressure, high insulin levels, body fat around the waist and high cholesterol
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Peyronie’s disease — development of scar tissue inside the penis
- Certain prescription medications
- Tobacco use
- Alcoholism and other forms of substance abuse
- Sleep disorders
- Treatments for prostate cancer or enlarged prostate
- Surgeries or injuries that affect the pelvic area or spinal cord
Psychological causes of erectile dysfunction
The brain plays a key role in triggering the series of physical events that cause an erection, starting with feelings of sexual excitement. A number of things can interfere with sexual feelings and cause or worsen erectile dysfunction. These include:
- Depression, anxiety or other mental health conditions
- Relationship problems due to stress, poor communication or other concerns
Dr. Caesar’s areas of interest include minimally invasive (laparoscopic) and robotic surgery for the treatment of both cancer and benign diseases, a wide variety of treatments for BPH, prosthetics including inflatable penile prostheses, medical and surgical treatment of urinary incontinence, removal of kidney stones, and sexual medicine.
He has attended courses to learn advanced robotic techniques in treating urologic diseases, and state-of-the-art methods in the surgical treatment of urinary incontinence and BPH. He is excited to bring these procedures to our practice and the patients he treats.
Dr. Caesar is a member of the American Urological Association.
Don’t Wait! Get Answers and Schedule Your Erectile Dysfunction Fort Myers Appointment Now by calling (239) 458-1196 today!